Sunday, November 26
Family Promise has been committed to feeding the hungry since 1991. Every day of the year, a different group is scheduled to prepare and serve dinner at the Health and Human Services Center in Hackensack. Up to 120 people are served a nutritious meal each night. Many of the guests utilizing the program are residents of the shelter. However, the program is open to anyone in the community, no questions asked.
There are two ways you can help:
- Bring part of the dinner. Cook something and bring it to the Leonia Church kitchen between 1 and 3 p.m.
- Help serve the dinner. Join us at the Hackensack Shelter from 4:00 – 6:00 p.m.
You can register for the event by using the connection card in your Sunday bulletin or by e-mailing John Stott at Stottj@d-e.org or by signing up on the poster sheet on the bulletin board in Tyson Hall. PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBER.
What is needed for the dinner:
- Bring your favorite hot dish. (10 – 12 servings each and should not contain NUTS) to the Leonia Church Building (1:00 – 3:00 p.m.)
- Bring Mashed Potatoes or Rice (10 – 12 servings each) to the Leonia Church Building (1:00 – 3:00 p.m.)
- Bring Salad (10 – 12 servings each) to the Leonia Church Building (1:00 – 3:00 p.m.)
- Bring Dessert (10 – 12 servings each) to the Leonia Church Building (1:00 – 3:00 p.m.)
- Help Serve the Dinner at the Hackensack Shelter (4:00 – 6:00 p.m.)